Product Team Update January 12, 2018
THIS WEEK'S UPDATE
- Due diligence continues for the deal we have entered into with one of Canada’s top licensed producers. The exclusivity window on this deal ends February 01. We believe we are currently running behind schedule and do not expect the deal to close on that date, but we are doing everything we can to ensure we stay on schedule and get this done as quickly as possible.
- We have been interviewing various candidates to run the Production department. We hope to have someone soon.
- Flavour iterations are under way, and Rob is part way through a caramelization study. We expect to have something to taste very soon.
- We are close to making an offer to a candidate to run our bioprocess project with Loyalist College and hope to have resolution on that soon.
- We have created a committee to help us source a brewery, cidery, or dairy to purchase. If we cannot identify something soon, we need to look for empty space and build our own brewhouse in a building we rent, etc.
- Immediate focus will be on location. We need to identify a location very quickly to prevent a slowdown on licensure. You must have an address to begin the application process with Health Canada.
- Production Team is preparing to start Pure Hemp’s phase II project and also our project with Loyalist College.
- Flavour iterations will continue for the next several months.
THINGS WE NEED HELP WITH
- We need help sourcing either an existing brewery, cidery, or dairy within 2 hours of Toronto for purchase, or possibly a merger or other activity. If you know anyone let us know. If you have time to dedicate to the search, we could use the extra hands. We are under the gun to find this quickly.
- If we’re not able to find a location with existing useful equipment or infrastructure, we need help looking for a building between 20,000 and 200,000 SF for rent within 2 hours drive of Toronto which could meet our needs in terms of water, power, gas, etc.