Legal & Finance Update October 13, 2017
THIS WEEK'S UPDATES
- This week all the full-time members of the legal department attended a roundtable hosted by our outside counsel Bennett Jones. The topic was “The State of Canadian Politics on Cannabis.” One major takeaway from the event was that we are still unsure how the distribution models will look for cannabis products that are not cannabis flower or oils. Learn more about the state of cannabis edibles and other products in our Shareholder Report.
- This week we also spent significant time working to increase efficiency in the legal department by organizing internal systems including document management and form agreements.
- We have engaged Solium, as you know from our update last month. The on-boarding process takes a while, but we are now in stage two of the process and will be able to provide great new updates and images soon.
- We have overhauled our document filing system and our DocuSign service in preparation for transitioning to the new document management system – ideally Tresorit. We are starting a trial with the company to make sure that it is the correct software for our team.
- Lastly, we are always working on legal agreements. This week we have been focused primarily on negotiations with PureHemp Tech and reviewing our constating documents to ensure that they continue to be in line with the needs of the company as we continue to grow.
- Next week it is likely that things in the legal department will be entirely focused on the upcoming marketing trial and subsequent tasting event.
THINGS WE NEED HELP WITH
- We just posted an opening on the job boards because we are looking for a legal intern in Toronto. If you have suggestions feel free to reach out to me (email@example.com). The position is paid and will require about 10-15 hours of work per week.